Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

2012 Dodge Charger (Riding Shotgun)


Well just as I reported in my previous blog about never having been in the Dodge Challenger, well neither have I ever been in a Dodge Charger, my absolute favorite American car! I was so thrilled when I got to test-ride in one for media day at the 2012 Chicago International Autoshow!

 

       Now "lean back" for a lil bit of off-topic entertainment. As the helper opened the door to the car, I saw it was a female driver again (I rode with one previously for the Dodge Challenger); she was like OMG-sexy! As I got into the car her lips looked straight at me, and then they moved to a smile, and then that transpired to a voice that was hmmm...very breathy, fun, date-night-ish, bedroom-like, tantalizing. I'm always attracted to females with a sexy voice, always! Well let me just say this....I kinda wanted to just stay in that car,(hahaha) and I would love to have slipped her my number too. 
       Ok, now attention folks! Sit straight up (lol). The interior of this Dodge Charger says "recognize me, it looks amazing. I believe that Dodge seems to know or has figured out exactly what their interior design problem is and is working hard on it, or has finally fixed it! The first thing that I like about the Charger's interior is the center console. I absolutely love the large screen display, and the surrounding air vents. It's so beautifully laid out. I enjoy the bountiful left-to-right hand movement that it affords the driver. In addition, the large screen also provides 0-60 mph time and qurter mile readouts - racing inspiration that is truly loveable - though I wonder how many drivers will be abusing this by topping the speed limit just to see the readouts!
       This particular Dodge Charger was of the RT variety and held a propulsion system that inhales  5.7 liters of air, and puts out 370 hp! With this version, there is also a take from the world of Formula 1 racing - slap-shift gear changing. In addition, there is also a moon roof  to enjoy that nice breeze as you enjoy the your fabulous Dodge Charger on the road. The cabin of the car is also highly soundproof insulated. When the windows are up, you can hardly hear what's going on in the outside world. The only world you would be engaged in is that of the Dodge Charger. To include the ride, the beautiful driver girl did a performance ride, lining up the car with a target ahead, and then floooring the gas pedal! It was a little slice of heaven as I got sucked into my seat and this girl went for a high-speed ride ;)





br />



We aren't going to get into a critique of the Dodge Charger styling here, because we have done so previously. So you can check out our previous critique of the Dodge Charger at the following link: http://seranitafaristreetteam.blogspot.com/2010/12/2011-dodge-charger-vs-previous-dodge.html

- Gebre Mesquitta

No comments:

Post a Comment